FREE for all 2nd grade classrooms in the state of Minnesota.
- Lessons build meaningful connections between students and Como’s plants and animals at a time when field trips are not feasible.
- Students learn about a variety of Como’s residents like Chloe the Sloth, Anna the Banana Plant, and the Penguin Colony.
- Each lesson includes an engaging 5-6 minute video and 1-2 student activities.
- Lessons are created using Seesaw and are shared with teachers in a weekly email.
Here is a sample of what teachers are saying about the Como Connections Virtual Lesson Series
- “They were so happy to see something in the community that they love. They are all missing going special places like the Como Zoo.”
- “Thank you so much! It has been fantastic to share these new lessons with our class for ongoing engagement. They love you! Thanks!”
- “I love it that it is short and sweet, yet FULL of information! 😉 Kids loved the humor!”
- “These are great lessons! PLEASE keep them coming!”
Interested in offering these free lessons to your 2nd grade students? Contact Bekah Hanes, Learning Experiences Coordinator at email@example.com for more information and to get on the email list.
Como Connections is generously funded by Como Friends.