Volunteers play such a vital role at Como assisting throughout the Zoo, Conservatory, Grounds, Education and Visitor Services. At this time, we are looking for a limited number of volunteers in four specific areas.
For the safety of our staff, animals and other volunteers, Como is requiring all volunteers to be fully vaccinated against Covid 19.
Current volunteer position openings are noted below:
- Japanese Garden interpreter – Welcome visitors and help our guests enjoy a fulfilling Japanese Garden experience by sharing information about Charlotte Partridge Ordway Japanese Garden and information about Japanese Gardens in general.
- Special Events Assistant– There are several ways to be involved if your schedule doesn’t allow for a longer term commitment, but you are interested in helping 3 or 4 times a year. Events like Party for the Planet, Obon Festival and others.
- Outdoor Gardener Aide– Assist gardener staff in seasonal cultural care of the ornamental landscape & gardens throughout the Como Campus. This includes the Japanese Garden, Water Garden, Minnesota Garden, Enchanted Garden and the Centennial Garden.
- Commissary Assistant– Assist zoo keepers with diet preparation, general housekeeping and other assigned tasks or projects. This position requires a weekly commitment of at least six months and will require an interview with a keeper.
- Free training
- Valuable experience
- Gift shop and café discounts
- Newsletter subscriptions
- Invitations to special volunteer recognition events
How to Become a Volunteer
Join our volunteer team in just 2 easy steps:
- Click here to complete our online volunteer application.
- Wait to hear from us. We respond to all volunteer application requests.
Contact us by email at ComoVolunteers@ci.stpaul.mn.us or call 651-487-8252.